4 items tagged "Compliance"

  • Code for Sustainable Homes

    The Code for Sustainable Homes (Deceased)

    In March 2015 the Government release a Written Ministerial Statement that was to outline the conclusion of the governments Housing Standards Review, a result of this review was the withdrawal of the Code for Sustainable Homes as a national standard with immediate effect,

  • Commercial Energy Assessments

    Commercial Building Assessments

    Commercial buildings are assessed using SBEM (Simplified Building Energy Model) the assessment covers the building energy use and carbon dioxide emissions from month to month. The assessment is initially carried out from plans this will allow the developer to see how the building will work once built, it's important to have the assessment carried out prior to starting building as compliance with building regulations is much more difficult if the building is already built and of course considerably more expensive to rectify to enable compliance.

    Design Stage Commercial EPC

    At the design stage we will require a full set of building regs plans, information on the type if heating and ventilation systems being installed and information on lighting, once we have all this information we can provide an accurate assessment of how the building will perform once built, at this stage making any changes required to comply with Part L2 will be much easier as things are easier to amend on drawings.

    Once the SBEM calculation has been completed we can move onto providing the EPC (Energy Performance Certificate) for this we will require the result of an Air Tightness Test if it is a new build, the results combined with the As Built SBEM will enable us to produce the final EPC for the building.

    If you would like more information on our services or would like a fee quotation for your project please contact us on: 0800 699 0904 or email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

    Alternatively you can fill in our quote request form here

  • Over Glazed Extensions

    Over Glazed Extensions Part L Calculations

    If you are planning to add an extension to your property and intend to add a lot of glazing such as an orangery that is open to the rest of the house then the chances are building control will ask for a SAP Calculation to show that the additional CO2 emissions from the home will be within Government allowances.

    If you intend to have a straight through entrance to the extension and if the extension has glazing over 25% of the extension floor area you will need to provide calculations to building control when applying for planning permission.

    In order to carry out the calculations we will require a full set of plans, ideally the plans should show the whole house as well as the extension, this is in case the extension is failing to meet the criteria on its own and we have to look for ways to cost effectively improve the main house in order to offset to extra CO2 that the extension will produce in use. This may be something like adding extra loft insulation or improving the rating of the boiler, there are several options we can look at to help the extension pass part L1b.

    In general we can get most extensions to pass or exceed the required criteria, in order to help get the pass we recommend looking into the following cost effective measures:

    • Buy the best insulation for the extension - buy buying the best you can improve the thermal conductivity of the main wall, roof and floor, because extensions are not usually huge the extra cost is negligible for the benefits in fabric improvement, also don't forget, you will have to pay to heat the extension, so the savings over the years soon mount up, the better the insulation, the less heat loss through the fabric
    • Buy the best thermal block for the walls - again because the extension will use only a small amount of internal block work the cost is not large compared to the short and long term benefits.
    • Buy the best glazing - glazing is the week point in any construction project, weak in terms of heat loss, there are glazing units available that provide excellent thermal properties, and again will pay for themselves over time by reducing heat loss, and the word "loss" is the keyword, by reducing heat loss you save the energy and heat that you have paid for, and keep it in your home as long as you can before it finally escapes.

    These are just a few of the things to bear in mind for your project, although the cost of materials may be higher, the benefits are equally as high, don't waste your hard earned money by building an extension to a home you will live in by buying the cheapest possible materials, it really is a false economy.

    If you are not sure of the materials and insulation types you should be using let us know, and we can include some recommendations in our report, and provide U-Value calculations to show the improvements over Part L1b for planning and building control.

    Why not request a quote for your project today:

    In order for use to provide an accurate fee quotation please send the following information to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. 

    • Full set of plans (including main house)
    • Details on the materials and insulation you would like to use

    That's pretty much it, once we have the information we can provide the fee quotation within 24 hours, and should our quote be successful we can provide the finished calculations within 48 working hours. Thanks for reading this and we look forward to being of service to you in the near future.

    We also provide the following fully accredited services:


    • SAP Calculations for new build homes
    • SAP Calculations for conversion of use to a dwelling
    • Sustainability statements for planning
    • Energy statements for planning
    • Potable Water PART G Calculations
    • Surface Water Run-Off Calculations
    • SUD's reports
    • Air Tightness testing
    • Contaminated Land Studies
    • Invasive plant remediation
  • Part G Water

    What is Part G?

    All new dwellings in England and Wales now require Part G Potable Water Calculations to show compliance with Part G of UK Building Regulations,

    the government guidelines state that new build homes should provide water efficiency measures that reduce the amount of potable Part G Water Calculations (drinking) water that is used in a dwelling, the guidelines state that the dwelling should use no more than 125 litres of water per person per day, calculations are required to show compliance. Build Compliance Ltd can carry out accredited Part G Calculations in 24 hours. Please contact us on 0800 699 0904 or email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. to discuss your requirements, we offer discounts for multiple dwellings and larger sites

    If you require a fee quotation for Part G Water Calculations please fill in our online form here

EasyTagCloud v2.8


Southern Office: 20-22 Wenlock Road, London, N1 7GU
Northern Office: 17 Thorn Street, Rawtenstall, Lancashire, BB4 8LQ

Contact Info

EmailThis email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. 

Phone: +44 (0) 800 699 0904

Mobile: +44 (0) 7899 895222

Follow us on Twitter